FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: SCHOOL SHOES Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words school and/or shoe, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on August 16th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: School Shoes will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, August 17th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Monday, August 5, 2024

Robert Fleming



the 1997 Walt Disney movie Flubber remake of the 1961 Absent-Minded Professor Philip Brainard invents Flubber


Tommy time for bed say your prayers

yes mamma

 

dear mamma buy me Nike basketball shoes

please allowance buy me Play-Doh

our daily bread roll into tube snakes

deliver ten tubers into blender

thy will’s blend ten seconds shall be done

kingdom paste slime goo onto my shoe soles

forgive my trespasses Flubber

 

as in heaven, coach’s whistle blows on the basketball court

deliver me from coach’s palm tosses jump ball

give me the power to bounce up ten-feet

the glory to fly from half-court to the hoop

tempt me to launch ball above the rim

for ever and ever dunk ball in the hoop

 

Tommy lights out


coach lead me to the basketball first-string

father Flubber be in my Superman lunchbox tomorrow

amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dayna Leslie Hodges

A Hat Two Sizes Too Big A little girl wearing a hat two sizes too big pulled down over her face   has pulled her knee socks up over her skin...