FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: SCHOOL SHOES Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words school and/or shoe, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on August 16th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: School Shoes will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, August 17th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Friday, August 16, 2024

Shih-Fang Wang

That Day

 

Hand in hand we walked

Along the cobbled streets

Wearing my first ever high-heel shoes

Gingerly I tried to keep my balance

To avoid stepping into the gaps

Between the paved stones

That might catch my shoe heels

 

When crossing the street

You wanted me to hurry up

As we were late for the movie     

I could not speed up

Annoyed you broke off your grip

And left me behind to stagger

 

I watched you walking away

Tears in my eyes

Your silhouette obscured

My dream of our future together


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dayna Leslie Hodges

A Hat Two Sizes Too Big A little girl wearing a hat two sizes too big pulled down over her face   has pulled her knee socks up over her skin...